35 Cool Manicure Hacks
If you are like me, you have spent years and years perfecting cool manicure hacks that you can do at home with watching Netflix or with some girlfriends. And if you’re really like me, you’ve also had plenty of times where you wondered what nail hacks and tricks the pro’s use to get salon quality manicures every time. Obviously they have a ton of equipment that helps, but there are a lot of easy nail hacks that you can pick up really quickly that will take your self manicure game to the next level.
In this article, I take my absolutely favorite manicure hacks and nail polish tricks that I have found from spending years researching on Google, Pinterest, and Instagram. I also cover some really cool nail art ideas that I think are a great way to get some variety in your repertoire. Did you know you can re-use your makeup to create sparkly nail polish? Have you spent some time learning how professionals use a nail file instead of just going at it? Have you ever used masking tape while doing your nails? Curious what to put around your nails when painting them? Well, all these questions and more are answered below. Thanks for reading!!
1. Nail Polish Hack – Transform Your Broken Makeup Into Sparkly Nail Polish
So you broke another makeup palette that you spent your hard earned money on. Well you have two options. The first is to try to press it down again with a quarter. The second, which is way more fun, is to smash it up and turn it into nail polish. That’s right! This might be my favorite manicure hack ever because I am a lazy girl who loves saving money and trying new stuff. Get on the train and take your broken pretty palettes and let’s make some nail art!
2. How To Tips – Master The At-Home Manicure
Lauren does a good job here of giving the beginner to nail art an overview of exactly what you are going to need to get that salon quality manicure at home. She covers the required tools (clippers, nail fail, polish remover, scrub, etc..). She then goes step by step through some of her technique for doing an at home manicure. If you are looking for a manicure hack, there is no bigger one than doing it yourself.
3. Manicure Tips and Ideas – Deep Tail Nails With Gemstones Accents
I threw this in because it’s some nail art that I really like the look of. I think that the minimalist design is really pretty and would be a good start for someone looking to do an at home manicure that is new the game. The gemstone accents are easy to get but will fall off occasionally.
4. At Home Manicure – Newspaper Nails So Easy and So Cute
The newspaper nail art is a hack that has to go down in history as one of the most unique looks every created for nails. The best part about this nail art hack is that it’s super easy to pull off and you will definitely get compliments and comments on them. The hardest part of this hack is finding a newspaper these days..burnnnn.
5. How To Nail Art Ideas – Smoke Nail Art
This was a new nail art idea that I hadn’t seen before but I was mesmerized by it and had to try it immediately. This tutorial walks you through this mani hack with ease. This hack can be used with all kinds of colors and as she mentions in the article, smoke effect looks best on red or white nail polish (in my opinion).
6. Easiest Nail Art Ever: Texture Hack
Looking for a nail art hack that will get your nails noticed more often? Instead of focusing only on what colors you use (and remember, contrast is queen), you should also take a look at contrasting the textures on your nails. A matte and glitter combo, or a wet and dry affect as seen above are all great places to start if you want to get salon quality nails by yourself.
7. How To Do A Salon-Quality Manicure At Home
Beauty editor had the same questions you did: how do people get nails that don’t have streaks, off-center lines, bubbles, and polish all over their nail beds? Well, they wrote this excellent article that documents their process from start to finish, including their special mani hacks that they think make for a great and easy nail art process.
8. Manicure Hack – Light and Bright Nail Art
When you are ready to become a manicure hack master, you are going to start incorporating other materials into your nail art other than just polish, coats, and gemstones. In this tutorial, they use black string to give a textured and really beautiful nail design that you could make your own by choosing your own colors very easily.
9. Ombre Nails For An At Home Manicure
Time to give away the secret of the perfect ombre nail art. The pictures above give a perfect visual of exactly how you create a gradient of color that you will then use to blend and give your nails a salon quality ombre at home. This one tutorial was probably more helpful in helping me visualize the ombre process than any other I’ve seen. Best of all, say goodbye to buying for different nail polish colors. Buy two, and change their recipe for new colors! That’s a mani hack!
10. Nail Art Designs – A Heart On Your Nails
Time to break out the big guns for a fool proof nail art design that you can do in your sleep. I’m telling you, the way to o your nails at home and to have it come out looking perfect is to use the right tools to your advantage. Relying on a steady hand and crazy intuition of creativity is not the deal. For this tutorial, you’ll use masking tape to carve out the perfect shape and then let it do the work as you paint over the cut out for the perfect heart shape. Try this for other shapes as well!
11. What To Put Around Nails When Painting
Everyone wants to know what to put around nails when painting them so polish doesn’t end up all over your fingertips, ruining the look. Well, this tutorial gives away that mani hack and I hope you use it to your advantage. (Hint: glue).
12. Do Your Nails At Home – Perfect Polka Dot and Floral nails to Celebrate Valentines day
This is a slightly more complicated mani design that I really love but think it best saved for formal events where sundresses are involved. But that’s just my opinion. Please prove me wrong!
13. The Secret To A Foolproof French Manicure Everytime
14. Here’s the Secret to Painting Your Nails Without Getting Polish on Your Skin
15. Beauty Alert: No-Chip Gel Manicures Just Got Way Healthier
16. The Dip-Powder Manicure Trend You’ve Been Seeing On Instagram
17. DIY Creative Glitter Fishnet Nail Art
18. Easy Nail Hacks – Mani Monday
19. How To Give Yourself a Manicure
20. Shellac Manicure: An Honest Opinion
21. Mani Hacks – Sponge Galaxy Nail Art
Whether you like galaxy nail art or not, this tutorial gives away a great mani hack that every girl should know. Using a sponge to create the color or gradient that you want, then applying that to your nails is a nail art technique that will serve you well for the rest of your at home manicure career.
22. Quick And Easy Chevron Nails
Chevron nails look amazing and the tape makes it damn near impossible to mess up. I love this look!
23. DIY Nail Art – Manicure Monday
24. Do Your Nails At Home – Confetti Nails
25. Do Your Own Gel Manicure at Home
26. How To Get A Second Wind Out Of Your Gel Manicure and Silhouette Winner
27. Manicure Hacks – This Nail Polish Bottle Holder
28. Manicure Tips And Tricks – Nail It Water Marble Manicure
29. DIY Manicure Trick To Get Perfect Polish With Vaseline
30. How To DIY Blue and Pink Fan Brush Striped Nail Art
31. Mani Tricks – DIY Galaxy Nails
This one will be some more practice in the art of using a sponge to great the color pattern you want before you add it to your nails. Goes to show you how popular the sponge mani hack is!
32. DIY Nail Art Idea With Glitter
33. Salon Secrets:How to Keep Your Nail Polish From Chipping
34. Long Lasting Manicure Hack
35. The Half Moon Manicure Hack You Need To Try
Thanks for checking out these super cool manicure hacks that are sure to take your nail art game to a whole new level. Now that you know what the professionals are doing to get those salon quality manicures, you can pull off almost any nail art idea at home! Remember to use glue to make clean up around your nails easier after painting and have a blast getting creative! If you find any more great manicure hacks or cool nail art on Pinterest or Instagram, let me know and I’ll be sure to add them!