32 Best Beauty Products for Your 50s
It was hard finding the best beauty products for you 50s because I don’t think it’s something people really look at or focus. There wasn’t even a category on a Snapchat article similar to this for them. Maybe the women by this age already know the products that really work for them, but what woman doesn’t like receiving new ones? These would make great gifts for your mom from you or your teens. You can even give her the latest organization storage or travel bag so she can make a cute, little display for her new Sephora products while you take some great still life photography for your Instagram story.
Don’t worry, I have more than luxury brand companies. I know us young ladies are on a budget sometimes, especially during winter, so I found some drugstore brands with expensive looking packaging that will help our money but not make us look cheap. There are even some affordable Korean makeup that’s mostly big with younger women, but if you tell your mom that she’ll want to try it too. If you’re mom was always that inner hippie, she may want some organic or vegan products I found DIY tutorials for online. Some of the not homemade organic products might be on Amazon though so you can be a little late to buy your mom a gift if you have prime. Some of these products might seem weird at first since they’re so new, but they’ll all soon become essentials in our hair and skin care regimen.
1. Anti- Aging Treatment – SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2
Use this at night to help you skin restore its firmness and nutrients it needs from sleep. It naturally does this during your sleep, but sometimes it can be hard for older women to get their needed luxury time. This is where your skin can get affected negatively and how this new product can help your skin fight what it wants to do: loosen.
2. Prevent Breakouts – Eminence Organic Skin Care Clear Skin Probiotic Moisturize
Even as older women, breakouts can still happen. This is a good moisturizer to fight that skin problem before it happens and when it has happened. You should be moisturizing even as a 50 year old so you might as well help prevent a problem you wanted to leave in your teen years.
3. Dry Skin Oil – Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
A cleansing oil is great for those with dry skin because it helps your skin get the oil it needs to naturally moisturize. Meanwhile, it still cleans your skin- an essential. The Tatcha cleanser will clean without taking the moisture that many cleansers wipe away from dry or sensitive skin.
4. Prevent Wrinkles – Biossance the Nourisher Precious Rose Face Oil
If you have dry skin, try directly putting in face oil on your skin to get a natural moisture. Oils are great for your skin, that’s why essential oils are in a lot of beauty DIYs. You won’t have to make this one but you can find a homemade version if you need that money.
5. Anti-Aging Butter – Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Pure Luxury Cleansing Butter
Cleansing butter. Sounds natural. I definitely would want to try this new design. I’m guessing it moisturizes since it has the butter consistency while cleaning. A great combination for many skin types and the busy.
6. Clear Skin Peel – Naturopathica Pear Fig Polishing Enzyme Peel
Show your mom the new masks that just peel off like this one. She’ll love how this one makes your skin soft and shiney so fast, like right after its peeled off. She will be amazed at how the world has changed in the makeup world.
7. Skin Repair Mask – Eve Lom Cleanser
This cleanser looks fancy. It comes with its own stick like a charcoal mask I tried at Sephora. Sephora has a lot of the new must have products in store and online so you can get your new essential at your convenience. I love their product page online. It has so many great features like a detailed video about this really cool cleanser.
8. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Overnight Firming Mask
If you don’t already know, I think overnight masks are great because they save you so much time with taking them off and finding the perfect time in your day to even use them. This one is great for ladies over 50 because it helps with wrinkles and the skin’s natural loosening of skin. Your mom would love a gift like this for Christmas.
9. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Balm
Estee Lauder is a well known luxury brand that has amazing products at not cheap prices, but your mom may love them and might have been needing a product like this for a while. Cleansers are getting into all sorts of new designs and materials that this balm almost doesn’t surprise me. But you mom would be so astonished that this lotion or hair gel looking product is actually a weird way to clean your skin.
10. ZO Skin Health Ossential Brightalive Non-Retinol Skin Brightener
Your mom probably forget how nice it was to have glowing skin because she was worried about your wrinkles being transparent and obvious. Help her do both with what’s new in the skincare market. There are many shots at double duty products beauty companies have been rolling out.
11. OlehenriskenTruth Serum®
Collagen will help your skin’s wrinkles! The cells in your face start to loosen and relax causing wrinkles or droopy skin. This cute, orange packaging will help you fight that or prolong it getting worse until your body has to release some more skin.
12. Rodan + Fields Redefine Lip Renewing Serum
13. Algenist Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum
14. Alegenist Firming & Lifting Neck Cream
15. Shisheido White Lucent MicroTargeting Spot Corrector
16. Clarins Extra Firming Day Cream
17. Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More™
18. Yes to Carrots Daily Cream Facial Cleanser
19. Sunday Riley C.E.O. C + E Antioxidant Protect + Repair Moisturizer
20. Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream
21. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter
Here is another face butter that you mom might find interesting. This is a whipped formula so it’s not as smooth as the other butter, but this one really targets at moisturizing and hydrating the skin. So, if your mom usually has a problem with dry skin or has been needing a moisturizer, get this for her and she’ll feel like you listen during your phonecalls.
22. La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
23. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Oil Balm
24. Glytone Dark Spot Corrector
25. Caudalie Premier Cru La Creme Riche
26. Obagi Hydrate Luxe Moisture-Rich Cream
27. Murad Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
28. Sephora Collection Instant Moisture Mask
29. Dior One Essential City Defense SPF
30. bliss No Zit Sherlock Anti Blemish Primer
31. MDSolarSciences Mineral Moisture Defense Body Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen
Do not let your mom forget the importance of protecting her skin. Whether she gardens a lot or stays inside all day, she should still be aware of the impact the sun can do on your skin especially when it’s as sensitive as it is being over 50. This is the best sunscreen I found that 50 year old women would benefit most from.
32. Ultimate Miracle Worker Eye Multi-rejuvenating Eye Cream Broad Spectrum spf 15
Now you have my favorite anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products that I use now to prevent wrinkles and aging later! Whether you are looking to treat dry skin, to turn back time on some of those wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, or you just want to prevent future wrinkles, there is a product out there that will work for you. You have to try different ones to see what is best for your specific skin type. Treat your face and skin to the proper moisturizing creams, the right face masks, and it will reward your back with youthful and bright skin that is blemish free and clear. Use this image I’ve made for Pinterest and Instagram so you can share with the women in your life!