32 Best Beauty Products for Your 40s
Mom’s and older women all need to know the best beauty products for their age so I found the best beauty products for your 40s to let women know what to use when they get to this age. There’s a lot of new, cool products out in drugstores, online, or Sephora with an a amazing display of variety and tricks they all have up their sleeves. We are lucky to be living in a time where we can have cheap makeup and skin care that really work for something that saves us so much money compared to luxury brands. The era we live in now, 2017 and the future, makes everything so much easier for us. We can even save a trip to the store and DIY the products we need all homemade. Is there anything more organic than that?
Speaking of organic and variety, Amazon and many other beauty shops have such a wide range of types of skin care products for 40 year olds. There are stores whose target market is to reach those who want vegan, Korean, French, travel, or essential products. If you have any preference or niche, there are stores that share your needs. Even if you’re particular with the packaging and the kind of look it has to go with your bath and bed organization, maybe because you’re a fellow beauty blogger or just like to snapchat your new finds aesthetically, there are many hair and makeup lines that will fit your vision or stage. There has not been a better time to live for top beauty products so we need to take advantage of it while we can.
1. Skin Brightening – Acure Brightening Facial Scrub
Once we get older we start worrying about different skin care problems like aging signs, and forget about the problems we had when we were younger like having glowing skin. You can still have glowing skin even in your 40s. This scrub is a good for doing your normal skincare routine needs like exfoliating and cleaning, but also helps you glow like teenagers nowadays.
2. Prevent Dark Circles Under Your Eyes – Dr. Brandt Glow Revitalizing Retinol Eye Cream
Speaking of glowing, this eye cream helps with that too! Having radiant skin as a 40 year old would help with your everyday appearance. You’ll look younger and happier with all the great makeup you’ve bought to help target your problems plus help with another one at the same time.
3. Anti-Aging Mask – Dr. Jart+ Premium Firming Sleeping Mask
Sleeping masks are great time savers since you don’t have to make sure you put on a mask the only time it’s appropriate during your day. Like before getting to write this I knew I needed to put on my daily aloe vera mask and then I’ll have to wash it off later. If I had this sleeping mask though, I would just need to put it on during my night routine and then wash it off in the morning like what I already do.
4. Anti-Wrinkle Booster Serum From Stem Cellular
Now we get to the problems we know 40 year old woman start worrying about: wrinkles. This is a booster which will tighten your skin and all the normal stuff wrinkle products target. However, the cool thing is it helps your skin heal and relax from all the damage it’s received during its travel through time.
5. Prevent Blemishes – Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser
This almost natural and organic cleanser gently cleans faces, which is great for sensitive skin. Skin that’s prone to wrinkles or has wrinkles becomes a little more sensitive as it loosens so having a gentle soap that cleans and isn’t harsh is a great meeting place. Even as we stop getting acne, clean skin is still essential to good skin care.
6. Skin Moisturizing and Hydrating – Simple 6.7 fl. oz. Micellar Cleansing Water
I swear by micellar water. It is great for when I don’t have time to fully wash my face. It’s like a quick toner I could use, but far less harsh to your skin. It’s just like gentle cleanser but more in the form of an effective toner. I think Simple is also organic or close to natural.
7. Prevent Wrinkles – Perricone MD Neuropeptide Facial Cleanser
The different and new packaging on this cleanser makes me want to try it. Is it almost like a prescription cleanser? Is it a luxury brand item? It’s sold at Sephora and of course it’s not a prescription cleanser but it’s formula is patented since it’s so unique and helps loosening skin.
8. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Hydra-Pure Vitamin C Brightening Serum
As women over 40, you may not spend enough time outside to get vitamin C. This serum can help your skin’s needs of the must have vitamin while you work on your computer all day like me indoors away from distraction. Vitamin C is an important and healthy way to get the radiant skin we often forget about as older women.
9. Prevent Signs Of Aging – LANCÔME Crème Radiance Gentle Cleansing Creamy-Foam Cleanser
Lancome is a great luxury brand with awesome products if you can afford them. Cleansers can definitely be worth a try to invest in. You’ll be using it everyday so you get your money’s worth, but try to see if you can grab a sample first from a department store that holds them. Save money before the investment.
10. RoC Retinol Correxion® 1.oz. Deep Wrinkle Night Cream
Night creams are a great addition to a skin care regimen. Your skin uses your beauty sleep to fix itself, but help the process move faster with these creams. You’ll see results way faster than just relying on your few hours of sleep to do the job for you.
11. REN Evercalm™ Gentle Cleansing Milk
Cleansing Milk sounds funny but might be cool for those who are into natural products. It’s basically a cleanser that washes, but this product specifically even targets redness, inflammation, and irritation. Quite useful for someone that gets those often because of their sensitive skin.
12. Olay® .5 oz. ProX Eye Restoration Complex
13. Dr. Brandt Skincare 2% Retinol Complex Serum
14. Nourish Organic Moisturizing Cream Face Cleanser
15. CAUDALIE Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum
16. OLAY Regenerist Regenerating Cream Cleanser
17. PETER THOMAS ROTH Retinol Fusion PM
18. PCA Skin Total Strength Serum
19. SUNDAY RILEY Luna Sleeping Night Oil
20. Time in a bottle eye serum 100% in control eye serum
21. FRESH Black Tea Age-Delay Cream
Creams feel so nice on the skin. When I put one on I just want to lay down and grab the top book to read and be in a state of luxury. This helps all the needed spots needed for anti aging products and the skin problems ladies over 40 have. It firms, protects, and hydrates, all necessities for you.
22. FRESH Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask
23. ALGENIST GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream
24. Dr. Brandt Skincare Needles No More® 3-D Filler Mask
25. DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE Ferulic + Retinol Anti-Aging Moisturizer
26. ORIGINS Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Mask to Quench Skin’s Thirst
27. SHISEIDO Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream
28. DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE Alpha Beta® Peel Extra Strength Daily Peel
29. MURAD Invisiblur™ Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 PA+++
30. CLARINS Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 50
31. KATE SOMERVILLE Daily Deflector™ Waterlight Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ PA+++ Anti-Aging Sunscreen
Sunscreen. Sunscreen. Sunscreen. At any age we need to protect our skin from the sun. We can get sun damage like dark or uneven skin tone at any age, just like skin cancer. This is an awesome combination of anti aging and sunscreen so you can fight signs of aging and the sun at the same time. Essential products don’t get better than that.
32. SUPERGOOP! Defense Refresh Setting Mist Broad Spectrum SPF 50
In your 40s, you will begin to see the effects of aging begin to really show (wrinkles, blemishes, and darkening of the skin). These products are the ones that I’ve found through talking to friends and research to be the most effective for the different goals women have in their forties: Anti-aging, preventing new wrinkles, and trying to moisturize and rejuvenate skin that has been damaged by the sun. Try these products and see what works best for you. I’ve made a pin you can save on Pinterest or Instagram to keep for later!